– Opening presentation, including introduction of faculty. Program will conclude by officially opening our exhibits with a Gallery Walk.
– Julian Waters – The renowned lettering artist and typography designer and long-time member of the Washington Calligraphers Guild discusses “Discipline and Freedom.”
– Carl Rohrs – "European Mostly Modern Lettering" features Carl’s latest finds from his European travels.
TUESDAY (evening at leisure)
– Optional Barbeque
– Carol Barton – “Artists' Books Today”
– Ieuan Rees – The well-known stone carver and lettering artist discusses, “There’s a Lot of Good Stuff Out There, But Will It Last?”
– Afternoon: "Show of Hands," where each class displays and discusses their work.
–- Evening: wrap up our week’s activities with a PowerPoint presentation of what went on during the conference, followed by
the MAD HATTERS PARTY!
Wearable top-of-the-head art will be the theme, be it a hat or some fantastic creation! A live band will send us on our way until next year’s conference, Island Magic.